Construction Trades Teaching Facility
Urban Impact is outfitting a new space where they will teach construction trades. They need help in purchasing and installing the following:
- 2 – 100,000BTU furnaces (the space currently has not heat)
- 1 – 100 amp Sub panel
- Branch circuits for woodworking equipment, lighting, receptacles, etc.
These are actually immediate needs.
In our Construction Trades Program ,we teach kids how to use tools and they built carpentry based projects.
Interested parties should contact:
Paul Ciarrochi: email@example.com
c: (724) 302-7090
2801 N. Charles St / Pgh, PA 15214
Sign up for newsletter on Facilities Projects at Urban Impact Foundation (list-manage.com)
The 2023-2023 school year is upon us and we're looking forward to a full year of programming! One of our biggest needs this year is FOOD! We need full meals for our Job Readiness class and snacks for Bible Studies and other programming. Kortney mentioned that your wife might be a good person to ask about providing a meal for our Job Readiness class. Is she available and interested in providing a meal for us in October or November? Also, I remember you calling about your church having people who were interested in volunteering or having opportunities to provide for organizations in the community. Would you be able to add meal providers and snacks to the list of ways we are looking for people to serve? The specific details are below.
- Job Readiness Meals
- Need: I need 8 meals to feed about 13 people
- Dates: September 18th - November 20th
- NO CLASS: September 25th and November 6th
- Location: St. Matthew's Lutheran Church
- Drop-off Time: 6pm
- Bible Study
- Need: Snacks to feed about 6 kids
- Dates: Starting September 16th - end of April 2024
- Saturday afternoons
- Location: Kortney McGarvey's House
- Drop-off Time: Can be arranged ahead of time during the week or 10am the morning of
- Snacks for trips, office hours, Perry Speaker Days
- Breakfast foods (granola bars, juice, etc.) for College Trips
Upcoming Work Days & Projects
Maintaining the two buildings on our campus and seven missionary homes never stops!
We have scheduled the following dates as service project workdays:
August 18/19 and September 22/23
Some of the projects that need to be accomplished include:
- Building out a laundry room
- Building a small deck and steps
- Sealing windows
- Installing a fence
- Rebuilding a retaining wall
- Relocating the Performing Arts Dept workshop
If you’re available to assist UIF with the August or September projects, please
respond to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 7.
The supplies for all of these projects will be costly. If you have any connections for
discounted or donated materials, please contact us or forward the contact information to our
email, email@example.com by August 7.
Urban Impact is extremely grateful to the people who give of their time and talent to help us
with service projects. And we welcome new volunteers and groups who would like to serve
alongside us. If you or your group – bible study, small group, youth group, company – would
like to help, we would love to work with you!
Meet our facilities team